The 4th international high level meeting in Athens, “Energy Commodities Conference 2018”, is going to take place on Thursday the 10th of May 2018. Based on the growing interest of attendees each year, ‘Trader’s role’ will be the focus of 2018 Conference along with the new opportunities and challenges arising and the new powerful tools for analysis and forecast that traders have in their disposal. The 4th Energy Commodities Conference 2018 focuses on the role of the ‘Trader’ itself. How his job will be affected by the ‘under development’ Greek Power Exchange? How European energy exchange (EEX) and European commodity clearing get prepared for their upgraded role in the region and how will they support trading decisions or trader’s needs? What are the new IT tools designed to help Trader’s daily analysis and their forecasting ability? Which are the new regulations that Traders, Risk Managers and Legal advisors should be aware of?
This year the Agenda of the Conference will include two sessions and two workshops. The content of the agenda will be announced shortly.
1st Speakers’ session all attendees will have the opportunity to:
- get the most updated feedback from EEX and ECC about their services and their future plans for SEE
- hear representatives from local power exchanges speaking about their services, the products traded as well as admission processes and plans for mergers
- understand the status of the Greek power market which is about to launch very soon the newly established Greek Power Exchange (joint venture between LAGIE and the Stock Market Exchange)
- discuss about the changes that will affect very soon energy markets due to the Market Coupling between Italy and Greece
- feel the steps already taken to the direction of bundled products of power and gas
- see the developments about gas forward contracts and their availability in SEE region
2nd Speakers’ session Traders, Analysts and Risk Managers will learn:
- state of the art software tools and techniques for price and load forecasting and analysis
- different approaches to analyze and manage Risk
- new ways to visualize reports as well as to collect data from the web
- platforms and portals providing great support to trading decisions
More information and registration form is available at: http://www.energycommodities.gr/